The Translation People’s services are respected globally for accuracy, tight turnaround times and our experience with a variety technical translation media.
Our English / Polish translation skills cover, but is not limited to; user and maintenance manuals, technical specifications, quality procedures, product catalogues websites & press releases.
If you have a translation project, request a quote or contact us now.
Polish language – Did you know?
Polish is a member of the Western Slavonic language family and is closely related to Czech and Slovak. Polish, spoken by approximately 40 million people in Poland, Lithuania and Belarus is an increasingly important language. Poland entered the EU in January 2004 facilitating easier trade with EU countries, and with an increasing amount of Polish people leaving Poland to work within the EU the demand for Polish translation and interpreting is growing rapidly.
History of the Polish language
Polish emerged from several local dialects. Around the 10th century Mieszko I began to unite a number of culturally and linguistically related tribes from the basins of Vistula; Polish developed from this unification.
Poland was partitioned from 1795-1918 and split between Russia, Prussia and Austria. During this period many words were borrowed from Russian and German. The Prussian and Russian conquerors attempted to destroy the Polish identity, but they were unsuccessful and the Polish language remained almost completely intact.
Polish has continually been influenced by Latin, German, Czech, French, Italian and Russian. However, in recent years, in spite of the earlier influences from Russia; English has had the most significant effect on the Polish language.
Why use us?
- All our translators have at least five years professional translation experience and undergo a strict selection procedure.
- Translations can be provided in any format including the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe PDF, Quark XPress, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Illustrator, InterLeaf and PageMaker.
- Our English to Polish translators are qualified linguists and translate exclusively into their native language.
- Our use of translation memory software can reduce lead times and costs of your English to Polish translation.
- Our English to Polish translations are produced by our translation experts in a wide range of fields, including technical, pharmaceutical, legal and financial.